House Party Beta 0.3.1.0 Now Available to Supporters!
House Party Beta 0.3.1.0 Now Available to Supporters!Oct 15
As promised, here is the House Party October release. Lots of new changes in this version, and it is running very stable. This is a milestone release because I’m feeling like the engine is running very smoothly, and I can focus a lot of my time next month on details instead of painstaking under the hood stuff that you guys don’t see. Of course, I’m sure a lot of you notice the better AI, interaction, movement, and gameplay as a result of the engine work, but I know you guys are getting anxious to get more game play out of me, and we’ve gotten to the point where each new build should have a decent amount more, starting with this one!
This new version is available to $25.00+ supporters as of today, and will be available to $10.00+ supporters on November 15th, and $1.00 supporters on December 15th. To become a supporter or to download the latest version if you already are, visit the Eek! Games Patreon page. The August release will also officially be available to the public on November 15th as well.
The biggest feature of this new version is the Questing system, which you will be able to use to keep track of which objectives you’ve completed and not completed each play through. Here is an Official List of Quests Available in the Game. This will help you keep track as to whether or not you’ve unlocked all available content. This list will be updated with each release.
If you are not a Patreon supporter, you can download the latest public build here:
- Enhanced Lighting and optimized for better performance
- Added questing system to keep track of implemented and non-implemented quests.
- Completely revamped navigation system
- Optimized game models
- Added to Madison’s storyline.
- Added to Ashley’s storyline.
- W, S – Move forward/back
- A, D – Strafe left/right
- C, Z – Crouch/Stand
- Alternately, hold down both mouse buttons to move forward
- Right Mouse click and drag to move camera
- Press I or use the icon on the bottom-right for inventory
- Press Left or Right or use the on-screen arrows to cycle through inventory items
- Left Click on a character to talk to them.
- Left Click on an object to interact with it (Must be close enough)
- Left Click on a dialogue option to select it.
- Press Escape or use the icon on the bottom-right to pull up the game menu
- Press R or use the icon on the bottom-right to pull up the Quest window
- Press Control to bring up a 3D virtual hand to interact with the world with
- Windows 7+
- Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
- CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
- Recommended Resolution: 1900 x 1200 or higher.
- Optimized for 2560×1440, but will work on most.
- Recommended: 1600×900 or greater.
- Minimum: 1024×768 (Some text may be cut off at this resolution).