House Party Beta .1 Released!
House Party Beta .1 Released!Jan 16
Hey everybody. Exciting news. I’ve decided that there’s enough groundwork done that I’m promoting the game from an Alpha to a Beta. This is great news because it means from here on out I will mostly be working on storyline until House Party is done, and then moving on to another project using the same engine. Don’t worry though, I still plan on working on House Party a bit more before that happens. One thing that’s really cool in this update is that there’s a whole interaction that takes place between two other characters (and you as a bystander). The engine was updated to allow for this type of interaction, which really increases the immersion factor.
Here is the change log:
- Refined the radial menu. It should work much better.
- Fixed a bug with Stephanie getting bugged for dialogue after wandering into the kitchen.
- Moved the Mysterious Key location as a lot of players have complained it was too hard to find.
- Added another room onto the house.
- Added a new character Rachael.
- Implemented some of Rachael’s storyline.
- Advanced Brittney’s storyline.
- Advanced Ashley’s storyline.
- Advanced Frank’s storyline.
- Added a mechanic to allow scene-like dialogues to take place.
- Updated dialogues so you can simply click on the option to advance.
- Updated dialogues so now you use the radial menu to open one rather than walking up to a character.
- Updated character behaviors to increase immersion.
- Fixed several other bugs.
This is an exciting update because it is adding a lot more story into the mix, and we are starting to see how the party will play out in the end. From here on, I will be working on adding in some alone time with the girls after everybody else has been taken out of the picture.
Here are the user controls:
- W, S – Move forward/back
- A, D – Strafe left/right
- C, Z – Crouch/Stand
- Alternately, hold down both mouse buttons to move forward
- Right Mouse click and drag to move camera
- Press I or use the icon on the bottom-right for inventory
- Press Left or Right or use the on-screen arrows to cycle through inventory items
- Left Click on a character to talk to them.
- Left Click on an object to interact with it (Must be close enough)
- Left Click on a dialogue option to select it.
- Press F1 or use the icon on the bottom-right to pull up the game menu
- Windows 7+
- Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
- CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
- Recommended Resolution: 1900 x 1200 or higher.
Don’t forget to visit the support/discussion forum if you have any bug reports or issues: http://forum.eekllc.com. Also, if you like this project and would like to help ensure that it keeps going, please support it at the Eek Games Patreon Page