House Party Alpha .05 Released!
House Party Alpha .05 Released!Jan 07
Hey guys! I’m happy to announce that House Party has a new version! This new build is primarily a heavy revamp on the core engine containing enhancements to gameplay mechanics including the much talked about path-finding system. I’ve fixed a ton of core issues based on a lot of user feedback, and I’ve enhanced the way the game works and feels based on what you all have suggested. There isn’t a whole lot of new content in terms of storylines, but there is actually a lot more to do because of a new system that I implemented, and there is some new eye candy for those of you interested in that. Without further ado, here’s the change log:
- Fixed an issue where Stephanie gets glitched.
- Fixed some issues where dialogues were closing and never re-opening.
- Heavily enhanced path-finding logic.
- Added a new menu for interaction.
- Sparkles! Added a sparkling particle effect around items you can interact with.
- Changed “look around” to right mouse control to facilitate new menu.
- Created inventory GUI.
- Created easy access icons to game menu and inventory.
- Added a new “Inspect” aspect to the game. You can now inspect many objects around the house.
- Fixed a bug where Brittney follows you around everywhere.
- Enhanced eye and head movement. Characters are now more engaging.
- Enhanced combat code
- Removed Unity splash screen (I’m pro baby!)
This is an exciting update because the game play is getting to the point where it’s very solid, and this leaves me a lot more time to work on the story! Save feature is still missing, but it’s coming soon.
Here are the user controls:
- W, S – Move forward/back
- A, D – Strafe left/right
- C, Z – Crouch/Stand
- Alternately, hold down both mouse buttons to move forward
- Right Mouse click and drag to move camera
- Press I or use the icon on the bottom-right for inventory
- Press Left or Right or use the on-screen arrows to cycle through inventory items
- Walk up to a character to begin a dialogue
- Left Click on an object to interact with it (Must be close enough)
- Press Up and Down to select a dialogue response
- Press Enter to confirm a dialogue response
- Press escape to exit a dialogue
- Press F1 or use the icon on the bottom-right to pull up the game menu
- Windows 7+
- Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
- CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
House Party Download (Windows): House Party Alpha Version 0.05
Don’t forget to visit the support/discussion forum if you have any bug reports or issues: http://forum.eekllc.com
Also, if you like this project and would like to help ensure that it keeps going, please support it at the Eek Games Patreon Page